Permission Requests Consumer Reports is a nonprofit organization. We encourage educational and non-commercial use of our content by schools and others. The fees we charge are reinvested in our testing and publishing programs. Written permission is required. Requests to reproduce content from Consumer Reports® or any of our other publications and information products are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please review our No-Commercial-Use Policy.

Requesting permissions

Educational organizations, please submit a written request to:

CR Permissions
101 Truman Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10703-1057

You may also send your request by e-mail to

Be sure to include the following with your request:

  • Article name, the name and issue date of the publication in which it was published.
  • Number of copies you would like to make, or a description of how our content will appear (including surrounding text of your own) to show context.
  • If our content is to appear in another publication or document, please also submit a recent sample.

Higher-education use
For permission to use our content in higher education, ask your school whether it is registered with the CCC (Copyright Clearance Center/Academic Permissions Service). If it is, contact the CCC directly at If it is not, follow the instructions above.

For other organizations and professionals
Use of any of our publications or information products, in whole or in part, is not permitted for any advertising or promotional purposes and is never granted without express written permission. For reprints, e-prints, and related items, contact:

PARS International
Phone: 212-221-9595
Fax: 212-221-9195

Be sure to include the following with your request:

  • The same information requested above for educational organizations.
  • Information about how our material will be used and distributed and to whom.