To assist users of ConsumerReportsHealth.org in making objective price comparisons and more informed drug purchasing decisions, we have provided a list of links to online pharmacies and other retailers that sell prescription drugs.
By clicking any of these links, you are agreeing that you understand the following:
- Consumer Reports does not sell prescription drugs and does not endorse any retailers who do. We are an independent, nonprofit research organization that tests and evaluates products and services.
- Consumer Reports has no relationship whatsoever with individual retailers or pharmacies and receives no payment from them.
- When you click on the button to go to an online pharmacy or retailer website, you will leave ConsumerReportsHealth.org. We have no connection to or responsibility for user actions beyond this page, and we make no representations or warranties about any specific prescription drug retailers.
- If you choose to link to an online retailer, you will go directly to that retailer's site and will be covered only by that retailer's privacy and security policies.
- To purchase a prescription drug from any online retailer, you must have a valid, up-to-date prescription from a physician. All decisions concerning prescription drugs should be made in consultation with a licensed physician. No changes to your medications should be made without physician approval. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions.
U.S.-BASED ONLINE PHARMACIES
The following sites have the VIPPS seal. VIPPS stands for Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Site. The National Association of Boards of Pharmacy gives out the VIPPS seal.
- Aetna Rx Home Delivery
- AmMed Direct, LLC
- DrugSource, Inc.
- HOOK SUPERX, Inc, dba CVS/pharmacy
- Liberty Medical Supply, Inc.
- Medco Health Solutions, Inc.
- Prescription Solutions
- Prime Therapeutics, LLC
- Rx Direct, Inc.
- Tel-Drug, Inc/CIGNA
- United States Pharmaceutical Group, LLC dba NationsHealth
- Walgreen Co
- WellPoint NextRx
U.S.-BASED DISCOUNT RETAILERS
STATES WITH DRUG PRICE COMPARISON WEBSITES
Below are the states with drug price comparison websites.
These state websites pick a list of commonly used (mostly brand-name) drugs and then compare prices for all or almost all pharmacies in the state. Some states (for example, New York) even require pharmacies to provide consumers with printouts of the retail prices of commonly prescribed drugs.
If you are ordering prescriptions from Canada, make sure the site you choose is certified by the Canadian International Pharmacy Association.
CIPA is the only national association of international pharmacies in Canada. They are licensed brick-and-mortar pharmacies that fill prescriptions for both Canadian and U.S. patients.