Talking Cars 305: We Answer Questions About Our Recent Tesla Coverage
Plus, the hard-to-find Kia Telluride, 'severe duty' driving, and the Ford Model T
Main theme: Jake Fisher, our senior director of auto testing, answers questions about our closed-track experiment to see if a Tesla Model Y on Autopilot would drive with no one in the driver’s seat.
Driven this week: 2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
• I can’t find a Kia Telluride anywhere! How will I know if I want one if I can’t test-drive it?
• Could automakers build a modern-day Model T for the same low cost?
• What happens when LED daytime running lights burn out?
• I drive only 4 miles a day in stop-and-go traffic. When should I change my oil?
• What’s so bad about CVTs?
As with other “Talking Cars” episodes, this one is available free through Apple Podcasts. (Subscribe to the audio or video.) You’ll also find the audio on Spotify (log-in required) and video on YouTube.
• Driving the Hyundai Tucson, episode 304
• Genesis GV80 and Driving Comfort, episode 303
• Mitsubishi Outlander, Rivian EV Charging, episode 302
• Kia Carnival and #VanLife, episode 301
• Big Podcast Milestone, episode 300
Have a Question?
We’d love to include it in a future show. Upload your video questions to our Dropbox folder. Please send high-definition (1920x1080) MP4 video files with high-quality audio. Or send an iMessage question to our TalkingCars@icloud.com account.