Where to Find the Best Labor Day Sales
Coupons and promo codes can also lead to additional savings
Deals will abound over Labor Day weekend. According to Kendal Perez, savings expert at CouponSherpa.com, the best products to buy will be end-of-summer sale and clearance items. You’ll also find additional markdowns on school supplies and backpacks, though selections could be getting scarce. (If you have the storage space, snap up rock-bottom deals on every-year essentials such as pencils and notebooks and put them away for the next school year.)
Another good item to buy during Labor Day sales is interior or exterior paint. At Lowe’s, you’ll find rebates ranging from $10 to $40 for select paint, stains, and resurfacers; at Sherwin-Williams, you’ll save 30 percent off paint and stains through Labor Day, according to CouponSherpa.
If you are in the market for a new car, this could be a good weekend to start shop, as you'll see in our review of the best Labor Day deals on new cars made in America. Perez points out that 2017 models are already on showroom floors and dealerships want to move 2016 inventory to make room for the latest models. Expect to see sticker price discounts of 10 percent to 20 percent, rebates from $2,000 to $8,000, depending on the vehicle, and zero-percent financing for qualified buyers.
Brick-and-Mortar Store Sales
Check with the store to find out how long these sale prices will be in effect.
- Ace Hardware, Lowe’s, and Home Depot: $100 off Weber grills. (At Lowe’s you'll also find up to 75 percent off select patio furniture and outdoor décor.)
- Carter’s: 50-percent-off-everything sale.
- Crate & Barrel: Up to 40 percent off clearance outdoor items.
- Eddie Bauer: Up to 60 percent off everything.
- Famous Footwear: 50 percent off a product if you buy one at full price, an free shipping if you spend $75 or more at FamousFootwear.com.
- Macy's: 30 to 50 percent off back-to-school items.
- Pottery Barn: Up to 70 percent off bedding, decor, outdoor furniture, and more.
- Sunglass Hut: Up to 50 percent off.
Where do you typically shop for the best Labor Day sales?
Tell us in the comments section below.
Coupon Codes and Online Shopping
You might be able get even better deals on top of the Labor Day sales by using coupons and promo codes that you can find at websites such as RetailMeNot.com or by searching a retailer’s name and the word “coupon.” Here are some of Perez’s picks from CouponSherpa:
- Dollar General: $5 off purchases of at of at least $20 on school supplies. Use code SAVE4SCHOOL online.
- Ikea: $20 off purchases of $150 or more through with printable IKEA coupon.
- JCPenney: $10 off purchases of $25 or more. You’ll need to print a JCPenney coupon or use the code LABORDAY.
- Kohl's: At checkout, use THANKS 3650 to get 15 percent off anything you buy.
- Macy’s: 20 percent off sale items when shopping online. Use the promo code DEALS.
- Pottery Barn: 25 percent off outdoor clearance items. When you buy online, use the code EXTRA25.
- Sears: 15 percent off accessories, clothing, jewelry, and sleepwear when shopping online. Use the code LABORDAY.