Talking Cars 314: Tesla Model 3 Regains CR Top Pick Status; Driving the 2022 Volkswagen Taos
We also answer audience questions about rising destination fees and how EVs perform on long trips using DC fast-charging stations
Main theme: We discuss how the Tesla Model 3 regained its status as a Consumer Reports Top Pick after independent tests proved the effectiveness of its new camera-based automatic emergency braking and forward collision warning systems. We also give our first impressions of the new Volkswagen Taos SUV, driving both front- and all-wheel-drive configurations.
Driven this week: 2022 Volkswagen Taos
• Why does the battery of my 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia keep dying?
• How do EVs perform on long trips when DC fast-charging is essential?
• Why are car destination charges going through the roof?
• Does wrapping a car in vinyl and then coating with ceramic really protect the vehicle’s paint?
As with other “Talking Cars” episodes, this one is available free through Apple Podcasts. (Subscribe to the audio or video.) You’ll also find the audio on Spotify (log-in required) and video on YouTube.
• GM’s Enhanced Super Cruise, Road Trips, episode 313
• Honda Civic, Ford Maverick, episode 312
• Driving the 2022 Nissan Pathfinder, episode 311
• We Answer Your Questions, episode 310
• 2021 Nissan Rogue, Ford F-150 Lightning, episode 309