Giving Through Donor-Advised Funds

Giving through a donor-advised fund (DAF) is an increasingly popular way for donors to make gifts to Consumer Reports and other charities.

If you have established a donor-advised fund, please consider including Consumer Reports among the worthy charities to whom you recommend support. 

You can use the DAF Direct tool to the right to make a donation through your DAF at BNY Mellon, Fidelity, or Schwab.

CR accepts gifts from all DAF platforms. To make a gift, you just have to provide your name, your address and CR’s Tax ID# ​13-1776434​ along with the amount and the nature of the support (e.g. annual gift) to the charity that manages the fund. Please instruct them to provide your name and address on the check so we can provide the required receipt needed for your taxes. 

If you do not have a donor-advised fund, you can establish a fund at a public charity through a gift of cash or assets and receive an immediate tax benefit for the full amount. Then, in the role of a donor adviser, you recommend charitable contributions to nonprofits such as Consumer Reports from the fund. This provides you with the time to make thoughtful philanthropic decisions while receiving an immediate tax benefit for the initial gift plus the added convenience of a public charity managing the fund and the distributions.

Per IRS regulations, you cannot receive goods or services (i.e. CR magazine or online access) in exchange for a gift made from your DAF.

If you are interested in making a gift through your donor-advised fund, please contact Olivier Szlos.

Contact Us

Olivier Szlos, Associate Director, Major Gifts
Consumer Reports
101 Truman Ave
Yonkers, NY 10703

Please note: This information is not intended as tax or legal advice. It is important to seek your own independent legal or financial counsel when considering a charitable gift.
Ways You Can Help