Talking Cars 297: Driving the 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 Electric SUV
We also discuss Tesla touch screens and evaluating the range of electric vehicles
Main theme: We discuss our first impressions of the 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 electric vehicle. This is VW's first ground-up EV; previous EV offerings were based on existing models designed around internal combustion engines. We give our early thoughts on how the ID.4 rides and handles, the control interface, and what EVs mean for Volkswagen after the Dieselgate scandal.
• How do online reservations work when buying a car?
• Does CR anticipate the new Kia Carnival minivan to have reliability that's similar to the Kia Sedona it is replacing?
• In light of Tesla's recall, how much of a problem will electronic component wear become an issue?
• Will CR develop its own EV mileage/range tests?
• Is it wise to trade in a 2011 Toyota Camry that I owe a lot of money on in order to lease a new Toyota Venza?
As with other “Talking Cars” episodes, this one is available free through Apple Podcasts. (Subscribe to the audio or video.) You’ll also find the audio on Spotify (log-in required) and video on YouTube.
Have a Question?
We’d love to include it in a future show. Upload your video questions to our Dropbox folder. Please send high-definition (1920x1080) MP4 video files with high-quality audio. Or send an iMessage question to our TalkingCars@icloud.com account.