Talking Cars 324: Driving the 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross
We also discuss what to look out for when considering a used car that might have flood damage
Main theme: We recorded this week’s podcast following the damage caused by Hurricane Ida so we discussed the potential for a flood-damaged used car to be sold to an unsuspecting buyer.
Driven this week: 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross
- I’m a big fan of the Mazda3—especially one with a manual transmission. What are the differences between the regular and turbo model; front vs. all-wheel drive; and will my mountain bike fit in the cargo area?
- Is it common for drivers at night to mistakenly think their headlights are on when, in fact, super-bright LED daytime running lights might be fooling them?
- How challenging is it for a tall person—as in 6 feet, 8 inches—to fit in some of the more popular EVs, such as the Ford Mach-E, Tesla Model Y, and Volkswagen ID.4?
- How does CR decide which models to test; how long do you keep these vehicles; and what do you do with them when you are done?
As with other “Talking Cars” episodes, this one is available free through Apple Podcasts. (Subscribe to the audio or video.) You’ll also find the audio on Spotify (log-in required) and video on YouTube.
- Your Questions About EV Charging, Cracked Windshields, and More, episode 323
- Driving the Jeep Grand Cherokee L, episode 322
- Driving the 2022 Toyota GR86, episode 321
- Driving the Hyundai Santa Cruz and Nissan Frontier, episode 320
- 2021 Hyundai Ioniq, Frunks, and Guilty Pleasures, episode 319