Talking Cars 329: Driving the 2022 Subaru BRZ
We also weigh in on GM’s new hands-free Ultra Cruise driver assistance system
Main theme: We start off the podcast by taking a look at GM’s new Ultra Cruise driver assistance system, and how its use of Lidar, which uses light to pinpoint distances, likely pushes the technology forward. (We also remind the audience that drivers still need to pay attention to the road.) We debate whether Ultra Cruise will build on the success of GM’s top-rated Super Cruise, and how this broader approach to hands-free driving might change the automotive landscape.
Driven this week: 2022 Subaru BRZ
- How can I make the right new-car buying decision when I can’t find any of the models I want to try on dealers’ lots?
- Why are most hybrids’ city fuel-economy numbers significantly different when comparing the Environmental Protection Agency results to those from CR?
- How safe are all-glass roofs in rollover collisions?
As with other “Talking Cars” episodes, this one is available free through Apple Podcasts. (Subscribe to the audio or video.) You’ll also find the audio on Spotify (log-in required) and video on YouTube.
- Ford F-150 and F-150 Hybrid Road-Test Results, episode 328
- We Talk With Elizabeth Blackstock From Jalopnik, episode 327
- Driving the 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid, episode 326
- Driving the Tesla Model S With the New Steering Yoke, episode 325
- Driving the 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross, episode 324